Volunteering at Oasis
Thank you for your interest in Oasis Center!
We are SO grateful for the MANY Oasis volunteers that help us achieve our mission.
Want to lend a hand?
Oasis Center has over 300 quintessential volunteers active in many ways. Some cook meals, mentor, or help administratively. Others hand out survival packs to homeless youth, teach workshops or help with academics. We also have volunteers go out and educate the community about Oasis Center and National Safe Place.
Much of our work is centered on continuity in care and modeling what healthy relationships look like with adults. We ask our volunteers to commit upwards of a year to be involved with most programs. Please see our list of frequently asked questions, where you can also see a complete list of volunteer requirements.
If you or your group are looking for ways to give back, there are many items our teams need for programs. Our Street Outreach and Transitional Living Teams need these items now:
- Bottled water
- Protein Packs (please call for details)
- White athletic socks
- Mens athletic/tennis shoes
- Travel size sun screen
- Disposable Rain Ponchos
- Bus passes
- Men’s pants (khaki’s & jeans especially)
- Burger King & Krystal’s gift cards
- Shorts (men & women’s)
- Adult sized hoodies (L & XL, XXL please)
- Kroger/Target/Walmart gift cards (for special dietary & clothing needs)
- Polo style shirts (adult size) for interviews
- Young women’s interview appropriate clothing
- Women’s plus sized pants (jeans & interview appropriate)
- Hefty 66 Quart storage bins
- Large capacity heavy duty hamper carts (call for details)
Items can be dropped off M-F, from 9am-4pm at our office located at 1704 Charlotte Avenue, Suite 200 (2nd floor), Nashville TN, 37203. If you have any questions about donations, please contact Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 615.983.6860.
The Bike Shop:
The Workshop is now mobile! If you have a basic knowledge of bicycles and transportation to and from the various sites in Nashville, this might be for you! Volunteers work with young people to help build a bike from the ground up, learn some bike safety, and ride the greenways in Nashville with the young people at the end of the month. Due to the rapidly changing schedule of the Bike Shop, please contact Dan Furbish at email@example.com for more information about our current activities and volunteer opportunities.