The Youth Opportunity Center
What if there were ONE place young people could go that would meet all of their needs? A place where they could find everything from a warm bed and a hot meal to an opportunity to create positive change in their community?
In 2009, we answered that question when the Youth Opportunity Center (YOC) opened its doors to the youth of Nashville.
A 39,000 square foot facility unlike anything else in the southeast, the YOC is a testament to the power and possibility of collaboration. By bringing nine youth agencies under the same roof, we have been able to provide a “one-stop shop” for young people while simultaneously increasing the operating efficiency of agency partners through shared back-office services.
Our goals for developing this center were simple:
1. Align existing youth initiatives, resources and expertise
2. Expand the services facing the greatest demand
3. Increase the back-office operating efficiency of the partner agencies
4. Remove as many barriers as we possibly can that will prevent youth from accessing help
Young people coming to Oasis Center now have access to the services offered of 6 additional social service organizations without ever having to leave our building. These include:
– School-based student assistance (STARS Nashville)
– Career counseling and support (Youth CAN)
– Youth Overcoming Drug Abuse (YODA)
– Helping youth reach their potential (Boys & Girls Club)
– Mentoring (Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee)
– Tennessee College Access & Success Network (TCASN) who’s mission is to increase the number of Tennesseans completing post-secondary opportunities